- 188 grams 70% dark chocolate
- 94 grams butter
- 6 eggs yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 50 grams sugar (for the yolks)
- 44 grams sugar (for the Whites)
- 250 grams sweet strawberries
This recipe is presented to you by Ludo Lefebvre.
For 4 people
Learn from Ludo
It’s easy to create delicious dishes with a little help from Ludo. Just watch the video to get step-by-step instructions from the man himself.
- Melt chocolate with the butter over a bain marie and mix very well until incorporated.
- Whip the yolks with 50gr sugar until it reaches ribbon stage and is pale yellow in color. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites with 44gr sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold the yolk mixture gently with a spatula into the chocolate until incorporated.
- Then fold the whites into chocolate mixture. Start with a small amount of egg whites. Use a whisk to fold the egg whites into the chocolate, gently folding from the bottom of the bowl to the top until incorporated.
- Ladle the mousse into 4ea 8oz ramekins or one big sharing bowl.
- Leave the mixture to set for 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving with strawberries.