To make the jardinière:
- Peel the carrots and cut into 4 lengthwise.
- Clean and brush the turnip and the radishes and cut into quarters.
- Dice the onions.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch pan and add the onions. Cook with no coloration for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and then add the carrots. Cover for 4 minutes. Then add the turnips and radishes. Cover for another 2 minutes.
- At the last moment add the peas and lettuce leaves, and a few drops of lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. The water/butter combined looks like a sauce, a “liaison” for the vegetables.
To grill the lamb chops:
- Grill to your taste the lamb chops. Add the spices, salt and pepper.
- In France, we cook them “rosé”, pink but not red inside.
Serve a few tablespoons of jardinière and 3 lamb chops.
Recipe by Ludo Lefebvre ©2016