Red Snapper Carpaccio
This recipe is presented to you by Ludo Lefebvre.
For 6 people
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons strained fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 12 ½-inch-thick slices French bread (each slice about 3x2 inches)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless red snapper fillets, cut crosswise into paper-thin slices
- 3 baby red beets, blanched, peeled, finely diced
- 3 baby golden beets, blanched, peeled, finely diced
- 8 very small individual broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves and flowers
To make the Dressing:
- Whisk the oil, lime juice and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl to blend. Season the dressing to taste with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate. Return to room temperature and re-whisk before using.
To make the Toast:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the bread slices with the oil; arrange the bread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Bake until the bread is toasted and beginning to color, about 8 minutes.
To make the carpaccio:
- Meanwhile, place one 4-inch-diameter ring mold with ¾-inch high sides in the center of each of 4 plates.
- Layer the sliced fish inside the molds, brushing each layer of the fish with the dressing. Top with the beets and broccoli.
- Surround the ring molds with the thyme.
- Carefully remove the ring molds.
- Serve the carpaccio with the toast.
Recipe by Ludo Lefebvre ©2016