- 800 gr of beef tenderloin
- 2 shallots
- ½ cup cappers
- 8 cornichons
- 1 bunch of fresh tarragon
- 1 table spoon French Dijon mustard
- 1 table spoon Tabasco
- ½ table spoon ketchup
- 2 table spoons Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Crispy fried onions
- 4 extra fresh organic eggs
- 4 slices Country bread
- 1 Boston lettuce salad
- ¼ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
Steak Tartare, Boston Lettuce Salad
This recipe is presented to you by Ludo Lefebvre.
For 4 people
Learn from Ludo
It’s easy to create delicious dishes with a little help from Ludo. Just watch the video to get step-by-step instructions from the man himself. Happy cooking!
To make the beef tartare:
- Trim the meat; make sure you cut out the nerves. You can also ask your butcher to do so.
- Then cut “au couteau” with a knife and not a grinder, the meat in small cubes.
- Chop the shallots, capers, tarragon and slice the cornichons.
- In a salad bowl mix the mustard, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, olive oil, salt and pepper. It’ s really up to you to balance the sauce how you like it. You can put more or less Tabasco, mustard... trust your own taste.
- Add the meat and mix gently, then add the shallots, capers, tarragon and capers.
- Brake the eggs and keep the yolks in for separate containers.
Toast the bread on the burner or with your toaster.
Season your Boston lettuce with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper to you taste.
To serve, place a generous portion of Tartare, sprinkle some crispy fried onions and add the egg yolk.
In separate bowl serve the salad and eat the Tartare with the toasted bread.
Recipe by Ludo Lefebvre ©2016