- 6 ripe best quality summer tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 spring onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 strawberries
- ½ olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Jerez vinegar (Sherry vinegar)
- 1 ½ cup raw cream or heavy cream
- 4 small pinches of Espelette pepper
This recipe is presented to you by Ludo Lefebvre.
Serves 4 to 6 people
Learn from Ludo
It’s easy to create delicious dishes with a little help from Ludo. Just watch the video to get step-by-step instructions from the man himself. Happy cooking!
- Take the stems off each tomato. With a knife draw a cross on the bottom of each tomato.
- Boil a big saucepan of water. Blanch the tomatoes for 30 seconds to a minute and cool them in a large bowl of ice water. Peel the tomatoes.
- Peel the cucumber, and extract the seeds with a spoon.
- For the pepper, also extract the seeds.
- Peel the garlic cloves, cut in halves and with the tip of your knife remove the green gem.
- Peel the onion. Dice all these ingredients and blend together with the olive oil and the vinegar. Add the strawberries. Salt and pepper to your taste.
- In a very cold salad bowl whisk the cream by hand until it comes to a soft whipped cream texture.
- Serve the gazpacho in individual bowls and add a generous tablespoon of cream. Add a small pinch of Espelette pepper on the cream.
Serve very cold.
Recipe by Ludo Lefebvre ©2016