Thankful Pecan Pie
This recipe is brought to you by Our Kitchen.
- 30cm (12 inch) sheet of sweet pastry
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp of fresh vanilla paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- Lightly flour your worksurface and roll dough into a 30cm (12 inch) round. Drape this into a 25cm (10 inch) pie dish and trim excess dough. Using a fork, prick the dough all over. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 170ºC (340°F). Whisk together sugar, syrup, butter, vanilla, salt, bourbon and eggs until thoroughly mixed. Roughly chop 1/2 the pecans and combine with the pie mixture.
- Distribute the pie filling into the crust and decorate with remaining pecan halves. Cook the pie for 45min - 1hr or until the pastry is brown and filling is set.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pie dish to cool on a rack.