Butter and Rosemary brushed Rotisserie Chicken
This recipe is presented to you by Ludo Lefebvre.
To season each chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered or halved depending on bird size
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- Sprig(s) of rosemary
- 1 string to tress the chicken (a thick cotton one)
For lemon butter and rosemary basting
- "A lot" of butter
- 1 whole garlic (broken down)
- Sprigs of rosemary (whole)
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
For smashed potatoes
- Whole potatoes (your favorite small varietal)
- 1 tbsp. vinegar per quart of water
- Salt for water
- Sprigs of rosemary
- Cracked pepper to season
- For the chicken:
Season inside and outside of chicken with Fleur de Sel. Stuff lemon, whole garlic cloves, sprigs of rosemary into chicken. Then tie string around and across breast of chicken. Cinch legs together and knot tightly. Put chicken onto rotisserie and tighten forks.
- For lemon butter and rosemary basting:
Melt above ingredients together in a pot. Take a bundle of fresh rosemary and secure around a wooden spoon, using string to tie in place. Dip "rosemary brush" into butter and baste chicken. Baste, turn, baste, turn...repeat.
- For smashed potatoes:
Boil potatoes in water, vinegar and salt. Place boiled potatoes on baking tray. Mash boiled potatoes onto baking tray and cover with fresh sprigs of rosemary and pepper to taste. Place baking tray on grill beneath chicken. Continue to baste chicken as it roasts. Drink wine and keep an eye on the chicken while it roasts approx. 1 - 1 and 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
Recipe by Ludo Lefebvre ©2016