Which cooktop is right for you?
Fisher & Paykel’s cooktop line-up covers electric, gas and induction models, all with unique features and benefits. Browse our checklist below to find the perfect type of cooktop for your kitchen.
When a pot or pan is placed on an induction cooktop, an electromagnetic current passes through a coil beneath the surface and heats only the pot or pan – not the cooktop itself.
- Instant response – Induction cooktops can heat a pan of water far quicker than gas.
- Precise control – Induction cooktops offer extremely accurate temperature control, from very high to very low.
- Safer for kids and pets – Even if your cooktop is on, it doesn’t start heating up your cookware until you’ve placed it on the surface.
- Easy cleaning – The surface around the cooking area doesn’t heat up, preventing baked-on spills and making the cooktop quick and easy to clean.
Only cookware made from magnetic materials (such as magnetic stainless steel and cast iron) can be used on induction cooktops. Ask your cookware retailer for advice.
The traditional choice, ceramic electric cooktops are heated by radiant elements that glow red beneath the cooktop surface.
- Efficiency – Fisher & Paykel's high-speed ribbon elements heat up quickly and maintain an even temperature for faster cooking.
- Accessibility – Electric cooktops connect easily to your household power supply.
- Flexibility – Electric cooktops work with all pots and pans, so there’s no need to buy a new set when you upgrade your cooktop.
- Sized to suit – Fisher & Paykel electric cooktops come in a range of sizes for every kind of kitchen.
- Easy cleaning – The flat ceramic cooktop surface is easily wiped clean after use.
A favorite in many households and professional kitchens, gas cooktops are loved for their responsiveness, versatility and the sense of drama they bring to cooking.
- Immediate response – Gas cooktops offer instant heat and temperature adjustment.
- Flexibility – Gas cooktops work with all pots and pans, so there’s no need to buy a new set when you upgrade.
- Open flame for chargrilling – If you want that authentic chargrilled flavour, the only way to get it is over an open flame.
- Sized to suit – Fisher & Paykel offers 24", 30" and 36" gas cooktop models with a range of burner configurations to suit your household's specific needs.