- We recommend the water filter to be used from the time of installation.
- Do not reset indicator before filter system is changed or filter monitoring will be inaccurate.
- If the water filtration system has been allowed to freeze, replace filter cartridge.
- The rate of water flow through the water dispenser can slow down as the filter cartridge accumulates any sediment which may be present in the water supplied to your home. This varies depending upon your local water quality, which may require your filter cartridge to be changed more frequently.
- Filter replacement is the consumer's responsibility and will not be covered by the warranty except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- If the wash has not been dispensed for some time or water has unpleasant taste or odour, flush system by dispensing 3 litres (3 qt) of water.
Replacement Water Filter
The Water Filter is supplied with Fisher & Paykel Ice & Water refrigerators and must be replaced every 6 months or sooner if a noticeable reduction in flow rate occurs. This replacement water filter fits into the existing water connection in Fisher & Paykel Ice & Water refrigerator models.
*Excludes RS90A and RS36A models.
Why change the filter?
All the water to your refrigerator is filtered to remove impurities through a cartridge located outside the refrigerator. We recommend this is changed every 6 months. There is a replacement indicator icon on the control panel which will appear when the filter needs replacing.
You can change the filter
Follow these steps to put your new filter cartridge in - you don't have to turn off the water supply.
Why change the filter?
All the water to your refrigerator is filtered to remove impurities. Changing the filter every 6 months will allow impurities to be filtered out.
How often should I change the filter?
We recommend the water filter cartridge is replaced when the internal and external icons flash. This will happen every 6 months.
Can I install the filter myself?
Yes, please follow the instructions above or refer to the User Guide for your refrigerator.
You can also have the filter installed by a Fisher & Paykel service technician, please call 08000 886 605 for assistance.
How will I know the filter needs to be changed?
The water filter cartridge needs to be changed when the filter indicator icon flashes on the interface panel. It will flash, as a reminder, when water is dispensed.
How do I reset the filter indicators?
View the User Guide for your fridge to find out how to reset the filter indicators.
How can I find out what model of fridge I have?
Follow the instructions here.
Authorized Service Center networks are available in most areas. Our help desk is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Information and tips about your Fisher & Paykel appliances.
Download Fisher & Paykel planning files for use in your design process.