Last updated 19 August 2021
To our friends in New Zealand,
As a provider of essential services, Fisher & Paykel will continue to operate to meet the needs of our customers under Alert Level 4 following COVID-19 protocols.
- Our warehouses will be operating for the delivery of goods to customer warehouses throughout New Zealand, but they will be closed to external visitors.
- Our customer service team are also operating to provide urgent assistance to repair or install essential appliances in home.
- We will continue delivery of essential appliances1 to homes, with no installation service offered.
There will be a few changes as outlined below to the way that we operate to ensure the safety of our employees, third-party carriers and our customers.
1Fisher & Paykel Appliances is an essential service with respect to the supply and service of essential finished goods (appliances) and spare parts products for the below listed categories.
- Refrigeration products – food and medicine storage.
- Laundry products Auto washers and Dryers
- Cooking Products – Ovens, Cooktops and Rangehoods
- Dishwashing products
- Servicing of essential products (appliances)
- Heating products – Heat pumps
- Spare parts services
Operation of warehouses and delivery to customers
- All third party carriers are instructed to call ahead prior to a customer’s warehouse to confirm expected delivery time.
- All deliveries are contactless; therefore, no exchange of paperwork or tablets is accepted; proof of delivery information will be receipted by the full name of the individual on-site by the driver.
- Social distancing of a minimum of 2 metres is required at all times, maintaining segregation of the driver, truck and the receiving DC.
- PPE is to be worn by both delivery driver and receiving DC.
- Drivers will deliver to a drop to delivery zone only – eliminating the requirement to enter customer warehouse sites.
In-home appliance repair and delivery
- Each booking will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms or contact to ensure the safety of our delivery teams or third-party carriers.
- Our service teams will be unable to enter the home of anyone that is symptomatic or has links to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.
- We will require customers to wear a mask in line with Government guidance. Our service teams are instructed to only enter a home once the residents have masks on.
- All deliveries will be a drop and go service in an area determined by the customer, without contact or entering the home.
- Customers are requested to maintain a distance of a minimum of 2 metres.
- In addition, our Service Technicians will wipe the appliance and working area with an antibacterial solution before they start a service job, and again when the service job is complete.
Fisher & Paykel have implemented the recommended COVID-19 protocols including, PPE, hygiene, social distancing, segregation, contactless delivery and contact tracing to ensure the safety of our people and customers alike.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Chief Operating Officer, Fisher & Paykel New Zealand