Which cooktop is right for you?
Fisher & Paykel’s cooktop range covers electric, gas and induction models, all with unique features and benefits. Browse our checklist below to find the perfect type of cooktop for your kitchen.
Mix and match cooktops
Can’t choose? Cook your way with a combination Fisher & Paykel cooktop.
- The best of both worlds – Fisher & Paykel Gas on Glass and Touch&Slide induction cooktops can be mixed and matched so you get the benefits of both cooking styles.
- Sized to suit – Slim, dual-zone models or eight burners to cater for a crowd – the choice is yours.
- Endless configurations – Combine Gas on Glass wok, single or double burners seamlessly with Touch&Slide induction cooktops in 30cm, 60cm, 75cm or 90cm models.
- Designed to match – Stylish glass design and polished metal strip are shared across the Fisher & Paykel cooktop range so that all models look great together.
Click on the image above for a brief video about Fisher & Paykel combination cooktops.
When a pot or pan is placed on an induction cooktop, an electromagnetic current passes through a coil beneath the surface and heats only the pot or pan – not the cooktop itself.
- Instant response – Induction cooktops can heat a pan of water far quicker than gas (around four pints of water in less than a minute).
- Precise control – Induction cooktops offer extremely accurate temperature control, from very high to very low.
- Safer for kids and pets – Even if your cooktop is on, it doesn’t start heating up your cookware until you’ve placed it on the element.
- Easy cleaning – The surface around the cooking area doesn’t heat up, preventing baked-on spills and making the cooktop quick and easy to clean.
Only cookware made from magnetic materials (such as magnetic stainless steel and cast iron) can be used on induction cooktops. Ask your cookware retailer for advice.
A favourite in many households (and professional kitchens), gas cooktops are loved for their responsiveness, versatility and the sense of drama they bring to cooking.
- Immediate response – Gas cooktops offer instant heat and temperature adjustment.
- Flexibility – Gas cooktops work with all pots and pans, so there’s no need to buy a new set when you upgrade.
- Open flame for chargrilling – If you want that authentic chargrilled flavour, the only way to get it is over an open flame.
- Black glass or stainless steel finishes – Fisher & Paykel cooktops come in two stylish finishes that complement every kind of kitchen. Click on the image above for a brief video about our Gas on Glass and Gas on Steel cooktops.
The traditional choice, ceramic electric cooktops are heated by radiant elements that glow red beneath the cooktop surface.
- Efficiency – Fisher & Paykel's high-speed ribbon elements heat up quickly and maintain an even temperature for faster cooking.
- Accessibility – Electric cooktops connect easily to your household power supply.
- Flexibility – Electric cooktops work with all pots and pans, so there’s no need to buy a new set when you upgrade your cooktop.
- Sized to suit – Fisher & Paykel electric cooktops come in a range of sizes for every kind of kitchen.
- Easy cleaning – The flat ceramic cooktop surface is easily wiped clean after use.