(Last updated 20.11.2018)
Fisher & Paykel Appliances Limited (“FPA”) takes the privacy of personal information seriously and is committed to giving effect to relevant privacy legislation and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, disclose and protect any personal information you provide to us.
At certain times we may ask you to provide personal information (being any information about an individual from which that person can be identified) when using the Services, as described below. We may need to collect and use the information because we are either legally required to do so, it is necessary for our legitimate interests or because we need it to provide the requested goods or services to you. If you do not provide the information when requested this may result in certain goods or services not being available to you.
- Product purchase and registration
When you register a product, or purchase a product, through one of our Services or by contacting FPA, we will collect and process the information that you provide. In particular, we may ask you to provide your name, address, phone number, email address, and your product’s model number, serial number, purchase date and purchase store. You are required to provide this information so that your product can be registered or purchased. Providing this information will also allow us to quickly and easily identify customers when contacted with any issues, inform customers of any appliance safety information or communicate with you for marketing purposes or otherwise.
- Customer service and support
If you schedule a service call, make a consumer enquiry, report a problem with our Services or email us through the “Contact Us” link on any of our Services, we may ask you to provide your name, address, phone number, email address, and your product’s model number and serial number so that we can schedule your service call or respond to your questions and comments. We may also keep a record of any correspondence between us.
- Transaction information
If you purchase a product or service from FPA, we may collect details of transactions that are carried out through one of our Services and of the fulfilment of your orders. In addition to your name, email or physical address and contact number, this may include details about payments to and from you.
- Promotional activities
If you choose to participate in our promotional activities, such as rebates, contests and other similar promotions, we may collect your name, email address, physical address and contact number to administer your participation and/or communicate with you in future in relation to the promotion or for marketing purposes. Some promotions will have additional rules containing information about how we use and disclose your personal information.
- Applications and other online activities
We may collect information through software applications made available by us or when you otherwise use our online Services or platforms. We may collect information typically collected through web sites and applications, such as browser and device information, application usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, and IP addresses (refer to the section on Cookies below).
- Questionnaires and surveys
We occasionally ask visitors to our website and consumers to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities and interests to help us improve the usefulness of our Services, products or improve our customer service. We may ask you to provide your name, physical address, email address and/or phone number. We do not keep any personal information you provide in connection with an FPA questionnaire or survey, unless you specifically agree. Online surveys and polls may be carried out by a third party on our behalf, but they are always voluntary and you do not need to respond to them.
- Product review
If you choose to review a product or service, we may collect the information you provide to us in relation to the product or service review that you submit. We may ask you to provide your name, residential address, email address and details of the product or service you are reviewing. We do not display any personal information you provide in connection with a FPA product review, unless you specifically agree. If you do agree, your name and where you reside, along with your review, may be made available online for viewing by the general public. Online reviews are voluntary and you do not need to provide them.
- Location information
If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. FPA does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby FPA experience centre or retailer selling FPA products. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time by changing the settings on your device.
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- To register you as a new customer and administer and communicate with you about your account (including purchases and payments).
- To give you access to our online store, confirm, process and contact you about any orders you may place and deal with returns or questions you may contact us, or need to be contacted, about.
- To process and deliver your order.
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, event, surveys and promotions (including by sending you marketing communications).
- To contact you with a service notification for your registered appliance or provide you with other notices about the safety of your appliance regardless of your stated privacy preference.
- To process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications.
- To personalise your experience on the services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, assessing the effectiveness of our services, advertising and marketing approaches (including defining groups of audiences for marketing purposes) and how to improve these, managing communications and carrying out our various accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities and manage risk exposure and quality.
- To ensure the safety of FPA services, products, information resources and employees.
For the purposes set out above, your personal information may be shared by us with:
- Third party service providers that provide product or perform services for us relating to your purchase or use of a FPA product, including:
1. Distribution and transport providers (based within the UK) who help deliver the product to you;
2. Product service agents and technicians (based within the UK) who help us service and repair products;
3. IT service providers who assist with the running of our IT services (including the Services) which allow us to provide our products and services to you; and
4. Data and survey service providers who assist us with understanding data held by us and our audience, the markets that we operate in and issue surveys to our customers.
- The Fisher and Paykel group of companies for reporting and business development and management purposes. Primarily this includes our direct parent company Fisher & Paykel Appliances Limited (which is based and incorporated in New Zealand).
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (which may include laws outside your country of residence), (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We may also use, disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also, with your consent, use and disclose your personal information in other ways.
Your personal information may be stored and/or processed in a country (which may be outside of the EEA) where we (including companies in the Fisher and Paykel group of companies) or our external third parties who provide services to us are based and/or operate from, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring we only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission or we put in place adequate measures such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve, or directly serve, advertisements regarding products and services provided by FPA that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services, other web sites or online services.
These targeted advertisements are a result of profiling that we do which involves processing or analysing data on a partially automated basis. This may involve analysing or using data relating to your access to, and use of, the Services, other websites or online services on any of your devices (including, for example, data captured by placing or recognising a unique cookie on your browser), as well as information or data received from third parties.
The aim is to provide you with content that is relevant and interesting for you and provide you with a more pleasant user experience when surfing the Internet.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use of disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below if you want further information in relation to the retention of your personal information.
FPA is committed to protecting your privacy. We use a variety of technologies, systems and procedures to protect against unauthorised disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this Service and keep the personal information you provide on this Service secure. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify the relevant people as we are legally required to do so.
FPA wants to make sure you have easily actioned choices about how we use and/or disclose your personal information in providing you with our products and services or for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails or communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may update your email preferences at any time by clicking the link in the footer of any email we send you. You can also request to opt-out of the use of your personal information by FPA for marketing purposes by contacting us at any time in accordance with the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Receiving SMS mobile alert updates or notices from us: If you no longer want to receive these just reply “UNSUBSCRIBE” to any update or alert. You can also request to opt-out of receiving these by contacting us at any time in accordance with the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that you cannot opt-out from.
If you would like to request to access, review, correct, update, suppress/restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request that we transfer your personal information to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at any time in accordance with the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
In your request, please make clear what actions you would like us to take in relation to your personal information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to contact you to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
No fee is charged to access your personal information (or to exercise any other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your requests is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion, but we will advise you of this. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not, and cannot, be removed. If this is the case, such information will remain secure and protected.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are harmless text files stored on your computer/device/browser when you visit certain sites/pages.
What do we use them for?
Most web browsers have cookies automatically enabled. You can manage cookies through your browser settings. These are typically in the “privacy” section of your browser settings or preferences. In some instances you can configure your browser to notify you when you’re offered a cookie and decide whether to accept or not.
Below is a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
|Necessary||postcode||Used to store the user's delivery postcode|
|HybrisCart||Used to identify the user cart's in Hybris|
|HybrisSession||Used to track the user's session in Hybris|
|login-token||Used for anonymous checkout functionality in Hybris|
|Analytics||__utma||These cookies enable the Google Analytics software. This helps us to collect and analyse visitor information such as visitor numbers, browser usage and marketing activity, and helps us to improve the site|
For a full description of the Google Analytics software and how it collects and processes data, please refer to: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
For further information about cookies, and how to manage them please refer to the Information Commissioners Office ico.org.uk
You may opt out of receiving marketing information at any time by contacting us on 08000 886 605 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to contact us by mail please write to us at:
Legal and Compliance
Fisher & Paykel Appliances Limited
PO Box 58550 Botany
Manukau 2163 Auckland